I just came across this article and it made me feel a little better about the months that I was suffering. The last two weeks have been symptom free (knock on wood!). Just thought that other moms that are going through it would appreciate the 'pros' of feeling like crap day in and day out.
"It seems counterintuitive, but researchers keep finding reasons to give morning sickness a high-five. The nausea and vomiting of pregnancy correlate with lower risks for miscarriage and, later in life, breast cancer. And in one recent study, the offspring of moms who had morning sickness scored higher on IQ tests. “Morning sickness indicates that proper hormones are being made by mom and baby, that the baby’s growing and developing,” says Laura Riley, M.D., a fetal/maternal medicine specialist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. “I see it as a good sign.” "



No comments:
Post a Comment