Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

ER visit

Ashlyn woke up Sunday with a really stuffy nose and she was having a really hard time breathing. She slept a lot during the day and I called the nurse in the afternoon and she said to watch her and if she doesn't get better I should call back. She seemed to be okay in the early evening but she really started to get stuffed up again around 10:00pm and threw up after she ate so I called the hospital and talked to an RN who thought I should bring her in because she is under 3 months old and respiratory problems can quickly progress if it's not treated quickly.
So we went to the ER around 11:00pm and it took almost 45 minutes to get called back to the examination room. She threw up all over me just as I was laying her down to get weighed so I was covered in vomit for the rest of our visit... it smelled really bad but no one seemed to care thankfully :)  The Dr. checked her out and she didn't have a fever and everything else looked okay but he wanted to have a chest xray done to make sure she didn't have pneumonia. So we went into the xray room and they had to squeeze her into this contraption with her arms strait up over her head to take chest xrays... she didn't like it one bit!!! Then they had to put her back in there because the first xray didn't turn out like they wanted... poor little thing, she cried for the whole thing :(((
The xrays came back and her lungs were clear so she doesn't have pneumonia and the Dr. cleared her to go home and get lots of rest and fluids. He also wants us to follow up with our pediatrician tomorrow and make sure she's not getting any worse. Poor little thing is just so stuffed up, I feel so bad for her. Hopefully she'll get over it in the next few days.
Here is a picture from the wedding dance and a few more that I took this morning. She was feeling pretty good when she got up this morning so that was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment