Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ozarks

Our vacation was great! The weather was just perfect. We had one day of rain and the rest were sunny and hot. We packed the Acadia up Friday night. Complete with the "clam" on the roof for strollers and pack and plays and a hitch mounted cargo rack (a big thanks to uncle Bernie for letting us use it!). We were LOADED, no room to spare! The drive took us (Ruth, Christy, Connor, Ashlyn and I) 9.5 hours, with 2 stops. We were on the road at 4:30am. We thought that the kids would sleep, but they stayed awake for about an hour then napped. Ashlyn only slept for about 2 hours total the whole way... I was surprised that she was as happy as she was. Connor napped much better. The drive actually wasn't all that bad, we thought it would be a rough one, but the kids did great!
The week went by pretty fast. We met Joe's dad at the resort (Tim was speaking at a conference on Monday, hence the reason behind our vacation). The conference was over on Wednesday and Joe and Bryan flew down to join us that day.... they decided to fly since they were only going to be there Wed - Sat. Our neighbor Wade Yahnke is a pilot and he's going to school for aviation. Since he needs flight hours, he gave us a pretty good deal on flight. Don't worry, he has a lot of experience, he actually gives flying lessons! It only took them 2.5hrs to fly from Mankato to Osage Beach and the airport was only 10 minutes away from our resort!
Most of our days were the same, wake up with the kids, have breakfast, put the kids down for a nap, wait for them to wake up, have lunch, go to the pool until their afternoon nap time then get ready for supper. The guys golfed Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning. We went shopping on Thursday while the guys watched the kids. We ate at the resort restaurants a couple nights, ordered in pizza one night and had a "date" night on Thursday. Tim and Ruth went out for an early supper and came back to babysit the kids after they went to bed. Bryan & Christy and Joe & I made reservations at a really good steakhouse. We sat at different tables in separate rooms to make it feel more like a date with our spouse :) It was wonderful, I had the best lobster ever... yum! Then on Friday afternoon we rented a pontoon and cruised around the lake. It was 90 degrees and sunny, perfect for a boat ride. We took the boat to Captain Ron's for supper. It was so cool, the whole place was pirate themed and the food was excellent. We took a family picture there that Christy has... I'll post it when I get a copy :) When we got home we packed everything up and loaded up the Acadia for our early morning departure. The guys weren't flying out until after lunch so they got another round of golf in Saturday morning
Our trip home took longer, we didn't leave till a little after 6am and we made a few more stops on the way home than we did on the way down so we didn't get back until about 4:30pm in Mankato where we met the guys who had just landed. Then Joe, Ashlyn and I had to go pick up our dog at Jeff's house by Lake Crystal. By the time we got home it was after 6pm. Ashlyn and I had enough driving for the day!
Overall it was a great trip!
Here are just some of the pictures that I took on our trip. Grandma Ruth and Auntie Christy have more but I don't have a copy yet... I will post those when I get them!
At the baby pool on our fist day
having some mac and cheese for lunch
feeding the carp and ducks
lots of carp... yuck!
Ashlyn and Connor watching the fish
sharing a snack of grapes and ham
bath time!
looking at the lake
So happy!
Taking a break at the indoor water park on our rain day.
We took the kids on the lazy river for about an hour. They liked it!
Their view, they enjoyed watching the kids play.
Dad and Ashlyn watching the sunset before bedtime
Hanging out at the big pool
Drinking from a water bottle on the deck... she was soaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment