Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mexico

Joe and I enjoyed a nice vacation in Mexico last week. We stayed at the all inclusive Adventura Spa Palace resort in Playa Del Carmen and it was wonderful!! Joe earned the trip through a seed purchase. It was interesting to be at a resort with 1,400 other farmers. We saw a lot of laid shirts and John Deere hats :). We met some other young farm couples from Ohio, Iowa and Illinois and had dinner with a few of them a couple nights. Our resort had some really good restaurants and we tried 3 out of the 5 and our favorite was the oriental restaurant Mo Mo No Hana – funny name but great food! We basically laid out by the beach every day and drank all kinds of drinks. I got a massage at the spa on our first full day there and then another one the day before we left.... it was amazing! We even made it to the disco one night and danced! We took a cab to downtown Playa and shopped. Or should I say that I shopped while Joe sat on the benches waiting for me :) The weather was a beautiful 85 degrees and sunshine everyday until the day we left when it rained. We were ready to come home by then but the rain made it even easier to leave the warm weather behind and get home to Ashlyn. We missed her so much! I had never been away from her overnight before this so it was a big change. It helped knowing that she was in good hands with both grandmas for days that we were gone. Grandma Ruth had her Wednesday night through Saturday and Grandma Deb had her Saturday night until we got home at 3am on Wednesday morning. Did I mention we had a 4 hour delay on the way home?? We sat for 3 hours in the plain on the runway in Dallas, TX waiting to get de-iced. Overall we had a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment